segunda-feira, 19 de abril de 2010

Good bye, for now

Friends in the US - good bye for now. There were some people I really enjoy being with, some people I really respect and admire, some people I even miss sometimes, that I did not get to visit with at all, or only spent very little time...

I was in the US now for some six weeks - and still that was not a lot of time. Consider that I went to four corners and a couple of dabs, south west north and east, and that I focused on establishing myself for the fall: that is to say, I did not make as much time as I needed to visit friends, all and well. And yet all is well. Life is long and the world is small!

To some, I will be much closer soon, others I may not visit for a very long time... But so goes life, and if I wander now you will wander then, and if you hosted me now I hope to host you then, and if you missed me now I hope we don't miss each other again then! Imagine that - with a phone, less places and more time! Don't forget it can be done, and not taking place is not not-wanting it to take place. After all, life happens.

And life is happening to me so beautifully... Even in the painful moments - and there were painful moments! - I know we are all the better because of it. There is a certain amount of anxious anticipation, a way in which the hopes and expectations wave over each other, some going and new ones taking over. Let us not allow this beauty to fade out!!! If I loved you then, I still love you now. How could I not?

And how could we know? How could we know that this wave would have taken us over? And could we have known that it would inevitably roll back the way it did? But none of it is new, and none of it surprises me... none of it sways me off my path. I do not know what will happen along the way, but I am certain of where I am going.

Go there with me, friends. Take your paths, we will share many a mile more and will once again rest on each others shoulders when the energy goes out. And I need you to encourage me and pull me back when the path is not trod as it ought. Snap me if you must, if you know and notice, when I don't. I will return with fresh vigor, with new ideas, with better health and with the disposition to do what is to be done.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário